On the 6th and 7th of February, I attended the annual Italian Carnevale festival held at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
Carnevale is the only festival of its type in Australia. It is a great opportunity for the South Australian Italian community to share its wonderful vibrant culture and traditions with the wider community. The festival brings Italy to your doorstep, where you can enjoy the warmth and hospitality Italians are famous for.
All proceeds from the festival go to the Co-ordinating Italian Committee (CIC Inc.), which is lead by Eugene Ragghianti with the support of his hard working team. The CIC offer services such as:
- Information and referrals
- Day Care Programs for the frail aged
- Nostra Casa in home volunteer visiting program
- Support and assistance in accessing services
- Advocacy on behalf of clients
- Carers Support Group
- Shopping program
- Social Luncheons
- Physical Activity Programs
- Swimming program
- Women’s Light Exercise & Social Support Program
If you would like to learn more about Co-ordinating Italian Committee, please visit www.cicinc.com.au.